[geeks] Bad monster. No donut.

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Nov 8 17:14:24 CST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 06:01:06PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Monster says they've fixed the resume uploading feature.
>
> Go to upload resume again.  Still doesn't work.
>
> Go to update profile.  Can't update.  Why?  It says the email address
> already previously registered in my profile isn't a valid email address.
>  They clearly thought it valid the last time I updated my profile, but
> it's not valid now.
>
> I got mail at that address this morning.  BITE ME.
>
> How the hell do these people stay in business?  This is supposedly a
> production site!  (At least the site isn't as badly littered with
> gratuitous animated monsters as it used to be.)

I think I'm gonna give up on Monster anyways.

I was unemployed for ~6 weeks, had my resume on there.  Maybe one in
five of the calls from recruiters I received from Monster were for jobs
in my area, even though my profile says I'm not willing to relocate and
the top of my resume says I'm only available for jobs in Austin.  I've
ever gotten zero interviews from Monster.  Yes, I get lots of exposure,
lots of phone calls, but it's all been a waste of my time.

Last week, I accepted a job with a certain 3 lettered International
Business, which I will start at in a couple of weeks.  I got the
interview because I knew someone on the inside that wanted to work with
me again.  I think I've gotten 2 jobs ever where I didn't know someone
there before I even submitted my resume.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org