[geeks] I just saw...

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Nov 8 07:05:12 CST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> No - no receipt you can carry away to prove you voted a certain way,
> not ever - that leads to vote selling...

People sell their votes now, though it is not verifiable.

In any case, in earlier times in the USA you voted by standing on a
platform and yelling out who you voted for, which anyone could hear.

The candidates would sometimes ply voters with whiskey right beside the
polling station.

And we still had better politicians back then :-)

--Patrick