[geeks] I just saw...

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Nov 7 21:42:03 CST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> The movie left me with the belief thatif Diebold would simply:

Personally, I think that a consortium led by VISA/AMEX/Mastercard
should have been chosen to run the US elections.

We would have the results 15 minutes after the polls close and it would
be accurate down to the penny (vote).

There would be an audit trail and anyone confused about their vote
could call an 800-number and read the voting code on their paper
receipt (like the approval code on your Visa receipt) and have an
assurance that their vote was properly recorded.  There are relatively
simple ways to double-blind this kind of data so that no one person can
figure out who voted for which candidate so that it cannot be abused.

Course Democrats will never go for it ... Philly had larger than
average turnout among key constituencies including dead voters, I
suppose - just like in 2000 and 2004 when 108% of registered voters
actually voted.

I expect PA will get even more refugees from NY and MA and NJ... which
will in turn change PA from "purple" to "blue" in the coming years.

--Patrick