[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Tue Nov 7 16:46:03 CST 2006

> Direct democracy of any kind has always been a failure.

Actually, like communism, it works OK until the population gets too
large.  Lots of political systems work well among small populations but
start to fall apart once you can no longer know everyone personally.

> It usually resulted in civil war, largess until civic collapse, or a
> combination of both.

Really?  Consider the Quaker communities in New England.  Which fate
befell them?  (As I understand it, Quaker meeting is very much direct
democracy.  Corrections welcome from them as knows better.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca