[geeks] can't wait for Vista

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:02:36 CST 2006

On 11/6/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Mon, 06 Nov 2006 @ 16:42 -0500, Nadine said:
>
> > > Well Sun's online configuration is pretty pathetic so it's hard to
> > > compare at the low end, but once a Mac Pro is decked out with a
> > > configuration roughly comparable to a Sun Ultra 40 it's a touch more
> > > expensive.
> >
> > Good point, I wasn't thinking about Sun, just the usual x86 vendors.
>
> Then why don't you look at Dell's quad-core offering?

Because I would never give Dell any of my own hard-earned money.  I
have never had a Dell machine (at $ork) that wasn't anything but total
crap.  And I know plenty of people who have had nothing but bad
experiences with them as well.  It may be anecdotal, but it's my
anecdotes.  Likewise never purchasing a Toshiba with my own money--too
many DOA's at Cisco.

=Nadine=