[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 7 12:34:57 CST 2006

Tue, 07 Nov 2006 @ 19:14 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:56:41AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > 99% of the people won't be affected by broadband over power lines,
> > nearly everyone is affected by Microsoft now.
>
> I can't say this politely, so pardon the indignation, but this is pure
> bullshirt.

In your opinion.

> The disruption in communications I was talking about the inability of
> aircraft to communitcate with international air traffic control, the
> inability of ships at sea to communicate with costal stations, the
> inability of police, the military and emergency services to communicate
> more than line of sight, etc.

Show me the proof.

I think that BPL is a bad idea, and the local HAMs don't like it.

However, local tests showed none of the doomsday effects you describe.

So either it isn't that bad, or you have to deploy it widely to see for
sure. Since no one has done the latter, the fact is you really do not
know.

> To compare this to the inability of a few people who bought a software
> product to receive emails from you is extremely short sighted and selfish.

I think you need to actually try and read what people say.

I said nothing about just email. Microsoft products disrupt
communications, services, and software on a global scale.

It's not just a triviality.

To be fair, it isn't just Microsoft either.

> In plain English, look beyond your keyboard and your desire to get your
> message to people who probably don't care about it anyway and see the
> real damage that BPL causes.

Why do you fabricate arguments that no one presented to fight about?

> In the real world, you complaints are about communications of little or no
> worth, while I am complaining about things that really do affect people's
> lives.

Like I said before, that's very naive.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]