[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 7 11:04:59 CST 2006

Mon, 06 Nov 2006 @ 21:42 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> There is always a choice in a free democracy.

You might think this is a nit, but if you mean the USA, we aren't a free
democracy, fortunately.

The USA is a constitutional republic governed by the rule of law, nearly
180 degrees away from a free democracy.

> Your set of assumptions
> seems to include the inability to change employers if they have a
> policy that goes against your choice.

So, you are trying to say that everyone can vote with their feet?

Not everyone can just pack up and leave when an employer sucks.

> Failure to exercise your choice doesn't eliminate the choice.
>
> Sorry, I just hate the argument about not having a choice...

...and likewise I hate the invalid assumption that everyone has that
choice.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in