[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Nov 7 00:52:17 CST 2006

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
" I don't think Apple wants people to update their computers, period.

speaking of which, my gf recently experienced a power surge that took
out her imac's -power-cord-.  is this just random, or is it where
apple in their infinitesimal wisdom deliberately put the fuse,
expecting that none of their chimpanzee users could find/replace it if
they put it in the main case?

there is no obvious fuse in the cord, it is just very limp and
non-functional.  a generic iec power cord got her machine back up.