[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 6 22:03:39 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/11/06 Mon PM 08:30:23 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] can't wait for Vista

<snip>

>Like I said, they need a mid-range badly.
>
>People that need a tower system and want an upgradable system need
>something between the Mini/iMac and the Pro.
>
>I mean normal average joes.

<snip>

I don't think Apple wants people to update their computers, period.

The vast majority of units sold are not upgradeable (i.e. add-in cards beyond RAM). Heck, they don't even put PCMCIA slots on half the models of laptops they offer... Witness the hoops you have to jump theough to add RAM to an original Mac Mini (seriously, *two* putty knives?).

Lionel