[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Nov 6 21:50:43 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 08:17:27PM -0600, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> My G4 Powerbook* is - four years on - a viable machine at work.  It's
> only lack is a small disk.  It runs the latest OS X and so on.
> I have a Thinkpad purchased at the same time - it labored to install XP
> and ran everything dog-slow.  I gave up and put Ubuntu on it.

The only reason I upgraded from my 800Mhz 12.1" iBook G4 is that I got
a great deal on an almost-brand-new 2Ghz MacBook from another list
member (who, thankfully, gave me a payment plan).  Otherwise, it would
still be my main machine.

When work bought me a new laptop (HPaq nc6220), I got to bring my retired
ThinkPad A20p home (it had been a hand-me-down from the guy I replaced, and
only had 256M RAM).  It makes a great Ubuntu portable, with the 1440x1050
screen.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford