[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Nov 6 20:32:38 CST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> Easy enough to justify - Macs should be a viable machine long after a
> comparable Windows machine is not up to snuff.
>
> My G4 Powerbook* is - four years on - a viable machine at work.  It's
> only lack is a small disk.  It runs the latest OS X and so on.

Likewise with my G4 Quicksilver.  I've just recently replaced it with a
Mac Pro (which, BTW, cost less than an equivalently-configured Dell
Precision), not because the G4 was slow, but because the Mac Pro running
Parallels could replace several machines at once.

The Quicksilver is far from the recycle pile.  It'll likely show up on
my desk at work, replacing the Optiplex whose crap Intel graphics and
subpar storage subsystem makes the whole system run sluggish.  Or, I'll
just keep it at home in case there are any classic applications I need
to run (like Framemaker).

--
Jonathan Patschke                         Texas Capitol Clearance 2006
Elgin, TX                                      October 23 - November 7