[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Nov 6 14:08:08 CST 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>>> Google is IMHO and experience even worse.
>
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix
> wrote:
>> No, not really.
>>
>> Bad, yes, but not worse.  It's hard to top Microsoft in that
>> department.
>
> Yes, they are. They spent $100,000,000 dollars to support BPL
> (broadband
> over powerlines), a worthless technology that will disrupt medium and
> long range communications around the world. Every country that tried it
> found that it interfered with legal and necessary communications and
> banned
> it.

If it doesn't work , it won't get deployed long-term.  So what are you
worried about?

> They have now registered a PAC political action committee funded by
> "employee
> donations". Anyone want to guess how voluntary those donations are.

I would guess 100% voluntary.  But the part of the cash that comes from
the company itself will of course be used to pay for what GOOG wants.

> Microsoft may have lousy EULA's and too much DRM, but they are not
> trying
> to take over the government and disrupt communications.

Um, MSFT is still much more horrible of a company.

They are top to (mid-level, if not bottom) dishonest and predatory.

If BPL ever gets widely used in any country, I will eat my own head
</Dickens> .

You have been complaining about it for years now and they still haven't
deployed it, in spite of the fact that anyone deploying would be making
a huge amount of money.  Don't beat a dead horse.

--Patrick