[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Nov 6 14:00:13 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> No, not really.
>
> Bad, yes, but not worse.  It's hard to top Microsoft in that department.

Yes, they are. They spent $100,000,000 dollars to support BPL (broadband
over powerlines), a worthless technology that will disrupt medium and
long range communications around the world. Every country that tried it
found that it interfered with legal and necessary communications and banned
it.

Although experiments conducted by the U.S. government proved it did interfere,
they continued to push it and lobbied the FCC to allow it.

Their answer when people complained was "we'll look into it", and then they
did nothing.

They have now registered a PAC political action committee funded by "employee
donations". Anyone want to guess how voluntary those donations are.

Microsoft may have lousy EULA's and too much DRM, but they are not trying
to take over the government and disrupt communications.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838