[geeks] HP 1320 printer, won't run a USB 2.0 speed

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue May 9 11:30:16 CDT 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
> "
> " Disraeli:  There are three ways to deceive a man - lies, damned lies,
> " and statistics.
>
> didn't mark twain say this first?  or was he quoting disraeli?

My recollection is Clemens was quoting Disraeli.  But don't quote me on
that.  Given Disraeli lived from 1804-1881, and Clemens 1835-1910,
there's good odds that's the correct way round.

Wikipedia says:
The saying "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and
statistics" is sometimes attributed to Twain. He did not coin the
phrase, but he did popularize it in the United States.