[geeks] HP 1320 printer, won't run a USB 2.0 speed

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 8 16:08:26 CDT 2006

I just got an HP 1320 laser printer.  Very nice.

It supporse USB 2.0. However, when I plug it into my Linux box, it only runs
at USB 1.1 speeds. Works fine, and usually plenty fast, but graphics take a
long time at 1.1 speeds.

Has anyone else seen this sort of thing?

It has a USB 2.0 cable and the machine runs other USB 2.0 devices at hi speed
without issue.

I tested the printer under Win2k, but couldn't immediately find a way to show
the speed of connected USB devices.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]