[geeks] X fonts outside of KDE: working properly now

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 6 01:09:43 CDT 2006

On rescue, we were talking about fonts not looking good outside of Gnome
and KDE.

Just after my last post, I removed the last bits of Gnome from my
system.

Two things happened:

All KDE menus, previously screwed up, work perfectly now.

Font rendering works perfectly with my old X setup now.

Gnome must have been stomping on something.

Still don't get the widgets, but that's no big deal, and probably saves
memory.

Screenshot:

	http://users.757.org/~csh/dump.png

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his