[geeks] Access to Sun Security Patches for Solaris 10

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Dec 28 14:53:03 CST 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 02:24:08PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I wonder if you buy one of their cheap-o Ultra 20s [0]with a 3 year
> warranty/support contract [1] if that means you'll have access to _all_
> patches for three years? That would mean support would cost about
> $331.66/year _and_ include a free workstation!

No.  Warranty/support covers the hardware; AFAIK (Jonathan P. and I were
discussing this a couple days ago) if you want the non-public patches you
have to buy a support contract regardless of if you've just bought a new
system or not.  This is as far as I can tell from looking at Sun's web
site.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford