[geeks] Access to Sun Security Patches for Solaris 10

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Thu Dec 28 12:42:50 CST 2006

Hmmm...I recall that Sun used to allow access to their security patches for
people without Sun Support contracts.  I'm trying to download their Recommended
and Security patches (i.e. the big 10_Recommended.zip file) and apparently
I cannot.  Also, I'm trying to use their getsolpatch.sh script but in order
to do that I have to create a list of the security patches that I want to
download and install...but in order to get that list I apparently have to have
a support contract (seems like a catch 22 situation here).  Am I missing
something or will I just have to breakdown and get the cheapest support
contract out there?

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect			   idubraws at siliconsec.com