[geeks] Consolidating three monitors into one

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 18:47:19 CST 2006

Hello folks,

I am running a tri-monitor setup currently, with 3 Samsung 172Xes
forming a 3840x1280 desktop. I want to consolidate to one monitor as I
have had the Samsung setup for a while now and am growing tired of it.
It was originally a quad-monitor 172X setup but I tired quickly of
having the "dead space" of the bezels centered in my view.

So I have my eye on the following:

22" Viewsonic VP2290b/IBM T221

or the

30" Dell 3007WFP.

The 22" Viewsonic offers incredible resolution, but the Dell offers
another 8 inches of diagonal space, although at a reduced resolution
compared to the Viewsonic. The seem to be selling at the same price
point, although the Viewsonic would be used and the Dell would be new
for the same price. I know that the Viewsonic/IBM were the absolute
state-of-the-art when they came out, but that was a few years ago.

Anyone have experience or suggestions?

-- Aaron Finley