[geeks] more Solaris serial help

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Tue Dec 19 23:33:25 CST 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: brian.dunbar at liftport.com
> "
> " It's late, I need to rebuild a server sometime between oh, now and
> " tomorrow a.m.  I can't get the server to boot (botched mirror creation
> " left the boot disk inop)
> "
> " It's a new Sun V210.  The problem is I can't drop the damned thing to the
> " OK prompt so I can reboot from CD and reinstall the OS.
>
> what does
> reboot -- cdrom
> as root do?

I should have been more specific - this is what tight deadlines across
the holidays do to you.

I could not get to a login prompt due to the server failing to boot
(trashed boot disk) and could not get to PROM due to a a) the server not
responding to 'break' signal and b) my not realizing that I could get t
LOM and issue break from there.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod