[geeks] Batteries

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:23:31 CST 2006

On 12/14/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for AAA-sized rechargeable batteries.  Good capacity would
> be nice, but the main thing I'm looking for is that it should be able to
> supply a fairly high peaky current draw.

Nickel cadmium batteries can give higher peak current than NiMh due to
lower ESR, you could look into that. Gravimetric density is really
close between the two but NiMH is more popular and it is easier to
find high capacity in NiMH. 750mAH used to be the top in AAA (Monster)
but Powerex has 1 AH (1000 mAH) now in NiMH. So you have to choose
between capacity and peak amps.

What is the amp draw you are looking at?