[geeks] Metal Halide Bulbs

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 00:59:22 CST 2006

So I have a case of what I believe are Philips MH250-U bulbs. 250W
Metal Halide, 21,000 initial lumens, something along those lines. The
box was sealed in a Philips HID container and as such there are twelve
of these rather large, very interesting looking bulbs.

Anybody want some of these?

Or, I wonder what nifty things I could rig up. I know I'd need a
ballast. I grow bonsai, so this could be beneficial. Room lighting?
These bulbs seems to insist on their own level of not being safe,
however, as the warning label states that they might explode and there
are other bulbs on the market that would not. Could one make their own
reflector, housing, or would that be an invitiation for disaster?

-- Aaron