[geeks] DNS issue, localhost not resolving properly

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Dec 12 18:34:24 CST 2006

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" [long sendmail disc snipped]
"
" Most of the changes I make to sendmail are limited to the ugly hacks
" needed to make dynamic WAN connections function alongside private LANs,
" like adding user address exceptions, etc.

this is why i was thrilled, back about '97 or so, to find an isp
[gis.net] that provided a dialup with static ip and dns for only
$20/mo.  i started thinking of what i'd have to do to manage things
with dynamic ip and took the easy way out.

now they give me dsl [768/128] with voip, static ip, and dns for
$30/mo.