[geeks] Passwords, etc

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:37:21 CST 2006

On 12/11/06, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> Am I the only person who wouldn't mind some sort of subcutaneous
> implant so that I wouldnt have to carry around my ID badge/swipe
> card at the office?

It's been done:
http://amal.net/rfid.html

Unlike Amal, *IF* I decided to get an RFID implanted I sure as shit wouldn't
go around telling anyone that I had done it, where I had done it, or what type I
had used.  If I did it for my own use, I'd at least have a dummy keypad near the
RFID scanner so I could punch in some bogus PIN if anyone was nearby so it
wouldn't look like I was gaining access with RFID.

At my previous job, I had 2 access cards with RFID chips in them (one
for the parking garage and one for the office) and I just separated
them with a piece of antistat bag and slipped them into the lining of
my cellphone case.  I just had to flip the cellphone the right way and
I could open whichever door I wanted.