[geeks] Passwords, etc

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Dec 11 14:57:48 CST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Am I the only person who wouldn't mind some sort of subcutaneous
> implant so that I wouldnt have to carry around my ID badge/swipe
> card at the office?

1) It's a real pisser if it gets cloned.  I suspect that VeriChip and
    the like are much easier to insert than to remove.

2) Volunteering for such an act will serve to make it more acceptable
    for companies to request such a maneuver and later require it.  That
    is, it lowers the inherent social benefit (ie: "hey, people -like-
    this!").

You're a human being; don't offer to let your employer treat you like
livestock just because it's convenient.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and