[geeks] Mandatory password changes

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Sun Dec 10 22:18:45 CST 2006

Saith Jonathan C. Patschke ...

> At one point in time, I ran across a Javascript password
> generator that
> worked amazingly well, provided that you could have arbitrarily-long
> passwords.  It would generate a trio of pronounceable words.
> One of the passwords it generated for me years ago was:
>
>    lauret-roanky-ximend
>
> Easy to remember, easy to type, impossible to guess.

MCI Mail (remember them?) must have had a Hiwaiian writing their security
stuff.  Their pasword generator gave you an 8 character password of
alternating vowels and consonants, with an initial consonant.  Ones I
remember were like

	punolemu
	vosonori
	memulamo

I probably had a dozen of them at one time or another, and every one was
like that.  I had to get them changed from time to time, since I was using
them in training classes and for software testing, and MCI charged by the
character in your messages.

In the classes I'd always joke that "My password is 'damfino' - that way I
can answer honestly when someone asks, yet seem to be evading them."

-Shel