[geeks] Mandatory password changes

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Dec 10 17:45:22 CST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> At that rate you almost might as well just start md5summing random
> files to generate passwords ... at which point EVERYONE will HAVE to
> write their passwords down.

At one point in time, I ran across a Javascript password generator that
worked amazingly well, provided that you could have arbitrarily-long
passwords.  It would generate a trio of pronounceable words.  One of the
passwords it generated for me years ago was:

   lauret-roanky-ximend

Easy to remember, easy to type, impossible to guess.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and