[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

John Francini francini at mac.com
Thu Dec 7 09:37:25 CST 2006

It's funny.  For Comcast/Roadrunner/Verizon, they seem to think "it's
all about their value-added content".

It may be for some people.

For those of us who Know What We're Doing(tm), which would include
this list and everyone I work with, it's merely a damned pipe.

I don't care for any of their 'value added' crap.

In fact, if I could get a "pipe only" service with the same
bandwidth, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

As for trenchers -- my guess is that, at least in your area, they
don't actually own a trencher, but rent one when they have a
sufficient amount of work built up.  Then they'll do all the
trenching at once, and return the trencher.  Or the trenching
equipment might be shared amongst several Comcast systems in your
area, and they had to wait until it was 'their turn' to use it.

Too bad they didn't put the original cable in a conduit -- it might
have survived the ground shift.