[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Dec 6 11:31:42 CST 2006

Tue, 05 Dec 2006 @ 20:11 -0800, Rick Hamell said:

> That's exactly what I was trying to tell this "tech" at the time. She also
> got pissed when I said "I've worked for an ISP for three years in my
> pervious job, I do networking for $multi-billion dollar company now, tell me
> what info you need to enter into the fields in your system so that you can
> log a trouble ticket and get the real techs working on the real problem."

I had the same issue with Cox several times over the last few years.

They keep asking about Windows and balking if you don't have it.

I tried many times to get them to just talk about basic protocol and
what they needed.

That's when you find out the real truth: they don't know.  They have
absolutely no idea what they are talking about.  They have a script they
read from and cannot talk to you about anything outside of it.

The best thing you can do when calling Cox is get rid of the droid as
soon as possible and escalate to someone with a brain.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The determined programmer can write a
FORTRAN program in any language." ]