[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:11:26 CST 2006

>> I had this exact scenario with one of their techs. Then the girl started
>> insisting that I reformat the machine and put Windows on it.
>
> That makes me so damned mad, and it is totally unecessary.
>
> The protocols are all the same regardless of OS, so it should not matter
> at all.
>
> In fact, it is generally easier and less trouble to connect almost
> anything except Windows.

That's exactly what I was trying to tell this "tech" at the time. She also
got pissed when I said "I've worked for an ISP for three years in my
pervious job, I do networking for $multi-billion dollar company now, tell me
what info you need to enter into the fields in your system so that you can
log a trouble ticket and get the real techs working on the real problem."

Rick