[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

David Muran-de Assereto dmuran at tuad.org
Tue Dec 5 18:39:01 CST 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
<snip>
> Huh.  I didn't look for business cable offerings.  6 down 2 up, at a
> decent price, is worth investigating if there's static IP offered.
<snip>

Yeah, I found it by accident. My consumer connection went down, and
when I called to find out how long it wold be down, they told me 2-3
days. When I asked about alternatives, they told me that I could get
business class service, but that it was "expensive". I was paying $49
for consumer grade, and the business connection costs me $89 base for
6/2 connection with 2 IPs and 4 hour service guarantee, which is the
most important part for me. I also got two regular business landlines
with unlimited free long distance at a significant discount. It
includes some quantity of web space and a bunch of email addresses
that I don't use; they host reverse DNS lookups, and I can run as
many servers as I want as long as I don't spam. There was no
installation fee.
I've had it for about $14 months, and the longest it's been down is
about an hour, in the dead of the night.

Dave