[geeks] Way OT: mailserver testing

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Dec 5 13:46:00 CST 2006

" From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at tandem.artell.net>
"
" Quoth the Sandwich Maker ...
" >
" [my mailserver rejected his mail with ...
" > " Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 <mx04.gis.net[208.218.130.12]>:
" > Client host rejected: Spam from your network 29-Mar-05
" > (worldhosted.com)
"
" Sorry about that!
"
" I got a bushel of spam from them, and, as a result, blocked their whole
" allocation.  If I'd ever sent mail to you directly, you'd be whitelisted, of
" course....
"
" Thanks.  I'll fix it.

they also have me fixed so i can't send directly but have to relay
through them.  this wasn't true on my old dialup static ip.  otoh
that's not all bad; i got myself blacklisted about '99 or '00 and
despite tightening my system up never could summon the mojo to banish
the cloud.