[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Tue Dec 5 00:14:34 CST 2006

Saith Phil Stracchino ...

> Thursday:
> It's up.  It's up.  It's up ... no, it's down.  No, it's up
> again.  It's
> up.  No, wait, it's down.  No, wait, it's back up again.
[snip]
> I hate Verizon Online.  I really do.  They insist on trying to be an
> ISP, but they're SO BAD at it.

Out here (Seattle area) we can split it up; I get my DSL line from Qwest,
but my ISP services from Blarg (now known as "Avvanta").  Works great.  The
only time it has been down is when we had a several-hour power outage.  The
only reason I knew it was down, even then, was that our power came on about
an hour before the power up at the corner, where the DSLAM is.  That was
Qwest.  Blarg hasn't been down in 5 years, although I've asked 'em to d some
things they said they could do, but actually couldn't.

-Shel