[geeks] IBM rant

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 1 17:50:40 CST 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, velociraptor wrote:
> 3ware SATA "real" HW RAID, and they even do RAID 5.  And they *might*
> work in an EFI box, I got a really cryptic email[0] from 3ware support
> on the topic, but don't have an EFI box to test.  I've been wondering
> if I could talk a GeniusBar guru into letting plugging one into a demo
> MacPro to see what happens.

I thought the whole deal with having correct firmware for BIOS/EFI/OF was
only if you wanted to boot from it.  It should otherwise just work for
non-boot drives as long as the correct drivers are loaded, right?

-DanD

# "The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
# worshipped anything but himself."-Sir Richard F. Burton