[geeks] FS: G3/700Mhz dual USB iBook, complete, semi-working (parts or fix)

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Aug 30 19:13:09 CDT 2006

I have a dual USB iBook (12" LCD 1024x768 screen), complete:

G3/700Mhz CPU
384MB RAM (128 + 256)
10GB HD
power adapter
2 batteries, unknown condition
plastics are all present but of course is a little scruffy

It sort-of works, in that it will boot Jaguar but only in a weird
640x480 mode, which centers the ridiculously small window in the middle
of the LCD panel.

The LCD panel itself is in excellent condition, with exactly 1 bad, red
pixel in the upper left hand side, about 1 inch from the top and 2
inches from the left edge (made all the more prominent by the black
screen due to 640x480).

I *think* the issue is a video cable, but to be completely honest I
don't really know.  If you know what you are doing you will no doubt be
able to fix it.

One nit:  I over-tightened one of the screws on the dimpled feet and
cracked it.  Ooops!

Price:  $150 plus shipping charges to you.

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net