[geeks] Subversion, two weeks of usage

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Tue Aug 29 17:38:38 CDT 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 10:45 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I was using it at several shops for nothing but source files, none
> very
> large, and it had horrible performance.
I think the performance would depend more on how well you modify it
for your own processes and how much you modify your processes for
PVCS. I do know that when it was brought in house in the late 90s, a
lot of hacks had to put on it to make it support our needs. It is
given that it needs to be on a standalone box, with plenty of DASD
and fast processors.

> Also, what do you do if you can't use that database?
PVCS ships with a license for Oracle, so you are still stuck with it.
I have no idea if you can swap databases, but I would doubt it.

-Andy Wallis