[geeks] Subversion, two weeks of usage

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Mon Aug 28 18:32:21 CDT 2006

On Aug 27, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Sun, 27 Aug 2006 @ 01:14 -0400, Andy Wallis said:
>
>> PVCS/Dimensions is OK once you understand why Merant/Serena used an
>> Oracle database to handle the data.
> How is that?
I haven't personally got into the bowels of it, but our resident PVCS
weenie did tell me that if you base your release and source
management off of how PVCS handles revisions internally, you can
squeeze a lot of performance out of it. As long as you don't have
large binary objects or a number of files in the directory that would
overfill the table, PVCS will purr like a kitten.

> Welcome to Web 2.0.
When it comes to Web 2.0, I remember the words of a Microsoft
employee whose name escapes me right now. "XML is a solution looking
for a problem."

-Andy Wallis