[geeks] DVD based backup software

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Aug 28 17:11:13 CDT 2006

Mon, 28 Aug 2006 @ 14:51 -0500, Phil Brutsche said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >> Windows and Mac users get stuff like EMC Retrospect or Norton Ghost.
> >
> > EMC Retrospect, from everything I have heard, went downhill after
> > version 6.5.  The reports are that it is not reliable, including
> > verification and compression, and that EMC tech support is not
> > helpful.
>
> <shrug> 7.5 has been reliable here.

After some more reading, I think most of the problems were in 7.0.
At some point the company stopped issuing any patches at all and never
fixed the problems.

Too many people report that to discount it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.