[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 24 21:57:04 CDT 2006

>From: Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org>
>Date: 2006/08/24 Thu PM 12:13:09 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Now for something completely geek

>On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 02:42:03 -0500 (CDT), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, der Mouse wrote:
>>
>> > I don't see what's so bizarre about having daylight hours being,
>> > say, 23:30 to 12:30 instead of 07:00 to 20:00.
>>
>> You're also a computer programmer, and, therefore, adept at abstract
>> thinking.  Most folks, sadly, are not.
>
>True enough, but most people would eventually get used to it.

Reminds me of the Dilbert comic where he buys somethng at the local market, and the price was some odd number, and Dilbert hands her too much money, but the math worked out that he got rid of a bunch of small coins, and got back, say a 5 dollar bill and a quarter... The cashier said something to the effect of "oh, you're an engineer"...

Wish I'd saved it...

Lionel