[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Thu Aug 24 18:19:16 CDT 2006

> there's one other empire whose influence we should reckon - the
> catholic empire.  for much of the last two millennia the bishop of
> rome has been more powerful than kings, even in europe.

How about the "American" (USA) empire?  I'm tempted to say its
influence is even more widely spread than the Catholic Church's was in
the heyday of their power.  It's a bit less blatantly imperial in some
respects, but arguably the more dangerous for that.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca