[geeks] Now for something completely ... spammish

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Thu Aug 24 10:56:06 CDT 2006

Saith Charles Shannon Hendrix ...

> On that note, has anyone noticed a huge increase in SPAM, especially
> SPAM that gets past filtering, in the last month or two?  I'm getting
> hammered and am starting to have to spend a lot of time deleting it on
> at least two primary accounts I use.

I've been getting a slowly-increasing amount of spam presented to my
mailserver, but no increase in what actually gets through the defenses.  I
do run a fairly aggressive anti-spam setup, although not so aggressive that
false positives are a problem.  I've had one false positive in the past
year, and three spams slip through.  Spam rejections run about 200 per day
for a site that serves half-a-dozen fairly active users.  The same basic
plan is in use at a couple of larger sites, too, with similar results.

-Shel