[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 24 10:26:46 CDT 2006

Thu, 24 Aug 2006 @ 10:39 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> You know, the Romans bodged and/or screwed up so many things it's really
> pretty amazing they accomplished as much as they did.

Everyone bodged and/or screwed things up, including those magical
Egyptians.

I'd say the romans probably did more good work than just about any other
civilization the world has ever seen.

A lot of civilizations did neat things, but the romans are the ones that
really put it all together into a consistent infrastructure that
survives to the present.

It's ironic though, how they could be so pragmatic overall, but do the
impractical things they did.

However, I think politics and religion covers a lot of that part pretty
well.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]