[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 24 08:13:52 CDT 2006

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" der Mouse wrote:
" >> (DST is a dinosaur that needs to die NOW.)
" >
" > Agreed.
" >
" > Actually, I've been sort of tending towards a similar position about
" > timezones in general.  We've decoupled the clock from local solar time
" > to a significant extent already; I see no particular reason - besides
" > inertia, of course - why we shouldn't complete the job.
" >
" > Leap seconds could go away at the same time.
"
" I've been saying for some time that it's time for a uniform global
" timezone.  So local dawn is at 1347?  You'll get used to it....

why not decimal time while you're at it?  100 sec/min, 100 min/hr,
10 hr/day.  1 new sec = 0.864 old sec.

ten day weeks.  [these are actually an old idea; ancient egypt used
them before the invention of the 'modern' calendar]