[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Aug 23 12:27:46 CDT 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:35:01 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> You've obviously never been on a farm.

Yes I have. I'm also descended from a long line of farmers, although it
was poultry not dairy.

> While not required by law to use a certain time, they *are* required
> by the rules of basic survival to have the milk ready when the world
> asks for it, which changes as DST changes the clock.

If you go to the extreme of using UTC, there would only be *one* change.
Besides if all the farmers in an area decide that the milk should be
collected at a certain time, it won't be long before the milk will be
collected at a certain time ... such things have happened in the Uk.