[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 23 09:35:01 CDT 2006

Wed, 23 Aug 2006 @ 12:31 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> Yes, but a farmer isn't required by law to milk his cows at 5am ... he
> could choose to milk them 24 hours after the last milking whatever the
> clock on the wall says. Sure this means he changes the time he milks the
> cows every 6 months, but the cows won't notice unless he makes the
> obvious mistake.

You've obviously never been on a farm.

While not required by law to use a certain time, they *are* required by
the rules of basic survival to have the milk ready when the world asks
for it, which changes as DST changes the clock.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We have nothing to prove" -- Alan Dawkins]