[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Aug 22 17:35:28 CDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>    Farmers complain the time change adversely affects livestock,
>    especially dairy cows, disrupting milking schedules.
>
> Because cows wear wristwtches, of course.

Cows expect to be milked at a particular time each day.  When you
disrupt their schedules, it reduces milk production.  They don't
know it's suddenly only 4am when it feels to them like 5am
precisely because they don't wear wristwatches.  If you make them
wait an hour, it's going to piss them off.  Have you seen dairy cows
at milking time?  GET THIS OUT OF ME! MOOOOOO!

I have a 9 month old baby who has started sleeping through the
night since the last time change and wakes up at 7:20am every
morning, 7 days a week.  I know in a couple of months she's going to
start waking up (and waking us up) at 6:20am because to her it's
7:20am and time for breakfast.  Those of you who will be getting
an extra hour of sleep after October are lucky.

-DanD

# One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.  -Lazarus Long