[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 22 16:24:18 CDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Mike Meredith wrote:

> Switching to TAI might have interesting consequences over the long
> term, but switching to UTC would be worth it for the amusement value
> alone :-
>
> "I can't start work at 3am ... it's far too early for me"
> "You can't change time like that. The cows have been bred to be milked
> at 5am"

Sort of like what the AP reported when the time change change was voted
in:

   Farmers complain the time change adversely affects livestock,
   especially dairy cows, disrupting milking schedules.

Because cows wear wristwtches, of course.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"