[geeks] Looking for a Filesystem

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Aug 21 09:40:03 CDT 2006

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 @ 20:53 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Hi geeks.
>
> I'm looking for a filesystem.  It needs to satisfy the following
> requirements:
>
> 1.	Read/write under NetBSD.
> 2.	Read under Windows XP.  Write would be a plus.
> 3.	Needs to be able to store >4GB files.
> 4.	Needs to be able to have a fs size >500GB.

I believe there is a driver for ext2 filesystems for Windows that is
still maintained.

I *think* that there is one for NetBSD as well.

It's really hard to find a nice and universal filesystem.

This is something the various OS producers need to work on.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]