[geeks] Dos and similar games

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Aug 17 13:20:13 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 12:29:35PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> William Kirkland wrote:
>> On Aug 16, 2006, at 08:37, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
>>> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>>
>>> Why should it be easier to spot a CCW holder on a plane than
>>> anywhere else?
>>
>> ... because they do not properly understand the concept of a poker
>> face (the biggest asset for every sky marshal is surprise). They will
>> be beaming with the fact that *they* are the one on the plane with
>> the bullets.
>
> False generalization.

I had a CCW for a while (it expired and I never went to get it renewed),
and I carried all the time, if you saw me, I was armed.  Only places I
did not carry were places that I was prohibited to by law.  I bought
liquor in liquor stores, conducted business in banks, went to church,
even sitting at my desk at work, even got married, with a pistol on
me.  If I could have carried a gun into the court house (and my license
wasn't expired), I would have gotten divorced while armed, but they
seem to frown on that sort of thing, I couldn't even take my Gerber
Multi-tool into the courthouse.

If somone posted a sign saying I couldn't carry there, I didn't do
business with them.

The reason you carry concealed is so no one knows you are carrying.

If you can't have a poker face, you shouldn't carry, there's just too
much responsibility involved in being armed.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org