[geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Aug 16 16:34:15 CDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > I used to use my Newton as a portable console because it did
> > 80 columns in
> > a very readable size and got great battery life, but your
> > story is way better.
>
> Yeah, yeah, but you probably used your Newton as a terminal more than once!

I did!  I would even script some of the commands for the Cisco or ACC
routers we used if I didn't have access to them in advance.  I always
found the Newton's handwriting recognition to be pretty impressive but
the dots and slashes in addresses and subnets didn't work as smoothly
and the onscreen kb was tedious.  Sadly, I don't get to play with routers
much any more.

-DanD

# Everything in excess!  To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
# Moderation is for monks.  -Lazarus Long
#